Follow Us @burtonreview

Sep 22, 2009

Teaser Tuesday ~ The Wildest Heart by Rosemary Rogers

TEASER TUESDAYS is hosted by ShouldBeReading and asks you to:
♠Grab your current read.
♠Let the book fall open to a random page.
♠Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page.
♠You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
Please avoid spoilers!

Yes this posted early and I tried to delete it, and reschedule it but it looks like Blogger is having issues again. SIGH.
OK I know you are like what is this thing you are reading Marie (a historical romance).. Guess what? 44 pages in I know I am going to like it. There's a reason it was on the bestseller list in the 70's and just in case several generations of wild hearts missed out, Sourcebooks is reissuing this 748 page chunky book for all to enjoy. At $7.99 you can't go wrong.


The Wildest Heart by Rosemary Rogers

Brief Synopsis: "Heroine Rowena Dangerfield is sensual, headstrong, and scandalously independent, the granddaughter of the governor of an Indian province under the British empire. After his death, she travels to England and then to New Mexico, where she arrives in grand style to lay claim to her inheritance."

The OLD version:

The new version:

So on page 44, right where my bookmark is that made me chuckle at lunch time:

"I found myself wondering where the servants were- hiding in door ways and broom closets no doubt, the better to enjoy such a juicy little scene! I wanted to flee from that ugly, sneering voice, but I would not let myself; I was a Dangerfield, and the likes of Tom Wilkinson with his loud, vulgar voice, were beneath my attention."