Follow Us @burtonreview

Sep 2, 2009

Booking Through Thursday~ Big Reads

Booking Through Thursday is hosted by Deb

Deb says: What’s the biggest book you’ve read recently?
(Feel free to think “big” as size, or as popularity, or in any other way you care to interpret.)

When Christ and His Saints Slept by Sharon Kay Penman was 768 pages

Devil's Brood by Sharon Kay Penman was 752 pages, a close second
(both part of the Henry II & Eleanor of Aquitaine series & highly recommended!)

I have the Wildest Heart by Rosemary Rogers on my shelf to read which scares the bejesus outta me because it is a romance that is 768 pages, which of course I had no idea when I agreed to review it. This is also a reissue from 1974, and I don't think Sourcebooks would be reissuing it if it weren't good. *Crosses fingers.*
"Heroine Rowena Dangerfield is sensual, headstrong, and scandalously independent, the granddaughter of the governor of an Indian province under the British empire. After his death, she travels to England and then to New Mexico, where she arrives in grand style to lay claim to her inheritance.
There she discovers an affinity with the wild and untamed frontier and meets Lucas Cord, a devastatingly handsome half-Apache renegade, whose reputation as a feared outlaw both attracts and repels her. When he encounters the beautiful stranger, unlike any woman he's ever met before, he knows instantly that he'll have to win her for his own, and not even the treachery of desperate enemies is going to stop him
."


And as far as BIG in Popularity, well of course you've seen Cleopatra's Daughter making the rounds in the blogosphere and I am no exception! I am reading it now, thoroughly enjoying it, and of course I will be hosting a giveaway for it on the 14th. So everyone who didn't win the giveaways that they have seen for the past week or so will have a chance then to enter it when BBAW Week starts.

You've got a book that is really big? With the case of Penman's books those were so engrossing that I didn't want them to end. Sometimes you notice when a book is really long, other times you don't. I love it when I find a book that is really big like Penman's that I can totally get absorbed into.