Follow Us @burtonreview

Sep 11, 2009

Filling In for the Fill-In


In lieu of Friday Fill-In since the meme hasn't been posted on the main site yet and I have to get to work, I thought I would share this image today. This is William of Cleves, the brother to the fourth wife of Henry VIII, Anne of Cleves. In my previous fictional reads regarding Anne and her marriage to the king, William was portrayed as a sinister and uncaring man to his sister. He is dubbed "William The Rich", he had inherited duchies from his father and later married his second wife, Maria of Austria (1531–81), daughter of Ferdinand I, Holy Roman Emperor, and Anna of Bohemia and Hungary on July 18, 1546 and they had seven children according to Wikipedia.

Was he a worthless lout, I wonder? He seemed to not care one bit for the fate of his sister, he only wanted riches and to be the brother to a Queen of England. What do you know about him?