Follow Us @burtonreview

May 17, 2009

Join the Reading Challenge: THE FOUR MONTH CHALLENGE



This Reading Challenge is hosted by Viriginie at Virginie Says. To join this Challenge please visit Virginie and sign up.


It runs from June 1 to September 30 hence the name "FOUR month Challenge"

Here is what she says: (copied and pasted)

5 Point Challenges
Read a Chick Lit book
Read a historical fiction book
Read a book just because you like the cover
Read anything by Jean Plaidy
Read a book with a number in the title

10 Point Challenges
Read a book about Royalty (biography or fiction)
Read a classic
Read a book by an author you’ve never read before
Read a celebrity biography/autobiography
Read a hardcover book

15 Point Challenges
Read a book with a one word title
Read a book based on a Biblical character
Read a book that was made into a movie
Read a book by an author born in June, July, August or September
Read a book with a summer word in the title (summer, sun, sand, hot, etc.)

20 Point Challenges
Read a book in a series AND the one after it
Read a Danielle Steele AND a Maeve Binchy book
Read a book from the 1001 Books to Read Before You Die list (http://www.listology.com/list/1001-books-you-must-read-you-die)
Read a book considered Christian Fiction
Read a book of your choice BUT read it outside

250 Points total
Virginie says:
Anyone who joins me and posts their progress to my blog (I’ll post how I’m doing and you can comment how you’re doing) will be entered to win a book by Jean Plaidy.

Marie says:
So I am going to try this one.. I love Jean Plaidy, but if we have the Book already we can pick Memoirs of a Geisha, which I know is a good book but I haven't read it but want to..
I won't get to do a lot of those things above such as reading outside.. although I would love to. I might get small snippets of a chance to but not hours at a time.

Check out Virginie's Blog for updates etc. as I think everything will be put on that one post.

Any takers?