Follow Us @burtonreview

Jul 11, 2009

The Sunday Salon ~ Socially Online

The Sunday Salon.com


"What is the Sunday Salon? Imagine some university library's vast reading room. It's filled with people--students and faculty and strangers who've wandered in. They're seated at great oaken desks, books piled all around them, and they're all feverishly reading and jotting notes in their leather-bound journals as they go. Later they'll mill around the open dictionaries and compare their thoughts on the afternoon's literary intake...."

I wanted to firstly Thank each and EVERY ONE of YOU SPeciaL Friends who commented on my Pity Birthday Party Sunday Post last week. Marie and Ollie, July 11 WebCam FunI've appreciated the comments, and I am so glad that you took the time to write a special something back to me, I needed the pick me up, as Debnance said.. and having you guys out there in CyberWorld when I needed a boost was awesome for me. Thank you so much! I even took some new webcam pics and with a little softening and unsharpening they won't be so bad. Thanks for all of your Happy Birthday wishes!



This week I have been thoroughly entertained by Sarah Dunant's latest book, Sacred Hearts. If I was given half the chance I would have read within a few days but such is not the case when one works and also has little ones wreaking havoc. But I will be wrapping it up today so that I can get a review in time for its release July 14th. I posted the review on Fitten's "Valeria's Last Stand" on Monday, which was a quirky and fun read.

There is one more week left to the "Partners" by Dave McGowan giveaway that I am hosting.
And that's pretty much it in my book world.. except for the excellent Mailbox Monday that I get to post tomorrow. My little girl went fishing for the first time and I am waiting for her to come home so I can hear all about it. If they used Chum, then I don't think she'll ever look at Spongebob's rival restaurant "Chum Bucket" the same again.

For my Blogging Buddy, Sheri: I did want to call attention to a fellow blogger's new feed address. Everyone has been busy with summer and getting burnt out on the Book Blogging in general so a lot of people have failed to notice that A Novel Menagerie's website address and feed address has changed. Please update your google readers and subscriptions and Blogrolls for Sheri at A Novel Menagerie to http://www.anovelmenagerie.com/feed/ otherwise you are not getting all her new updates anymore. And she promises an Awesome Blogiversary Spectacular coming up so you really need to make sure you have her right web address!! And of course she always runs different giveaways and has fun entertainment posts to read as well. If anyone is reading this and is feeling kind, please copy and paste this paragraph onto one of your own blog posts to help Sheri out! She is bummed she lost all her readers and she can't reach out to each and every one of you!

And on to the Gossip of the week that I found.. which I also posted on Facebook.. Are you on facebook? {Friend me}
Novelist Hoffman apologizes for blasting a book reviewer on Twitter csmonitor.com
Source: features.csmonitor.com
Novelist Alice Hoffman, pictured here, found herself in hot water today after she printed the phone number of a critic who had disliked Hoffman's latest book.

Writers behaving badly, chapters three and four csmonitor.com
Source: features.csmonitor.com
Ayelet Waldman, pictured in this file photo, recently lashed out at a critic on Twitter. She's the third author this month to take to the Web to get some retribution for a bad review.

Features Authors Behaving Badly. The first one shows the author Alice Hoffman blasting a critic in a most immature way, and then deleted her stupid comments regarding the validity of reviewers, issues an almost apology but not really.. but the thing is that she had posted the female critic's email address and PHONE NUMBER!!!! Gimme a break and get a grip, lady. She made the New York Post, so she got publicity. I will never read or PROMOTE an Alice Hoffman Book.

And saw this article also today: "Mom bloggers become powerful online force".. Yup, the Social Media thing is evolving into something CRAZY I tell ya.

Are you on Twitter? Follow me at BurtonReview

And just for the heck of it:
http://bookblogs.ning.com/profile/Marie72
http://www.goodreads.com/marieburton2004
http://www.librarything.com/catalog/marieburton2004


And that's all I've got for ya~ My brain has been fried by The Wonder Pets, Barney and Spongebob. Sigh.


Calgon... take me away....

oh that's right.. my dear son has poured out all my bubble bath..