Follow Us @burtonreview

Jul 16, 2009

Booking Through Thursday - The Colossal TBR pile

Booking Through Thursday is hosted by Deb; Deb says:

"Follow-up to last week’s question:
Do you keep all your unread books together, like books in a waiting room? Or are they scattered throughout your shelves, mingling like party-goers waiting for the host to come along?"

TBR= To be read

A 'waiting room' I think I am fortunate to not have. It seems the questions from previous weeks are blending together for me, as they all just keep pointing to my bookcases.. Unlike some other folks who have stacks of books throughout the house, I am lucky enough that my books are all shelved in my bookcases. My husband is kind enough to recognize the growing amount of books that have been accumulating and he has accommodated the need for bookcases recently. Another one added last night as I slept. NOTHING is in there yet. So I'm off to buy more books.. (just kidding, honey..maybe). I am more of the 'If you build it, they will come,' mentality. Sounds good, eh?

Within those bookshelves, there are more TBR then not. If it is an ARC that means I am getting to it in the near future and those are all on one shelf. The rest of my books, although part of the TBR pile, they are organized by their genre. So I have the Arthurian/Avalon books on half of a shelf, and then medieval era books, then Tudor books, and the general fiction are about two shelves worth and I have them grouped up with 'like' books.

So to cut back to the question.. I'd say my books are mingling party-goers. Someday the life of the party (hey, that's me!) will come along and play with them. For now, its more like window shopping.

Are you one of those who is always stepping over stacks of books?