Follow Us @burtonreview

Jul 2, 2009

Booking Through Thursday - Celebrity Memoirs

Booking Through Thursday is hosted by Deb; Deb says:

Suggested by Callista83:

Do you read celebrity memoirs? Which ones have you read or do you want to read? Which nonexistent celebrity memoirs would you like to see?


I am wondering if I haven't read more Celebrity biographies. What comes to mind are:

'A life on the Road' By Charles Kuralt. I read in 1990 and enjoyed that a lot.

I read a bio on Barbara Stanwyck back when I was still catching a bus to school, so I could not have been more then 10 or 11. I also remember reading an Elvis Presley Biography.
{Edited to Add: I forgot, I had also read Paul Reiser's book "Couplehood" way back then also. Is that a memoir? That was a funny look at his view on relationships, so perhaps not a memoir}

The rest of the Bio's that I have read do not fall into the Celebrity category. They are more like Elizabeth I, Henry VIII, Elizabeth Woodville, Anne Boleyn, Bess of Hardwick, Arbella Stuart...

If I had to choose a celebrity bio to read, I would choose someone Presidential or their wives. I have no desire to read anything on any cinema-related Celebrities of our current times but I may be tempted to pick something up on someone like Cary Grant or Clark Gable.

What about you?