Follow Us @burtonreview

Jul 9, 2009

Booking Through Thursday - To Be Read Hopefully This Year, But I Know I'm Dreaming

Booking Through Thursday is hosted by Deb; Deb says:

An idea I got from The Toddled Dredge (via K for Kat). Here’s what she said:
“So here today I present to you an Unread Books Challenge. Give me the list or take a picture of all the books you have stacked on your bedside table, hidden under the bed or standing in your shelf – the books you have not read, but keep meaning to. The books that begin to weigh on your mind. The books that make you cover your ears in conversation and say, ‘No! Don’t give me another book to read! I can’t finish the ones I have!’ “

I have .. oh I don't know.. 200 books to read... and the list grows and grows and grows. These are the books that I chose to share, that are on my shelf, waiting to be read. The selections show a variety of topics that I am interested in. You can see my Goodreads shelf which also shows ones that I would like to read but does not necessarily mean I own them here.

I own these & have not read them yet:
Abundance: A Novel of Marie Antoinette (Hardcover) by Naslund, Sena Jeter

The Girl Who Stopped Swimming (Paperback) by Jackson, Joshilyn

Beach Trip: A Novel (Hardcover) by Holton, Cathy

The Turnaround (Hardcover) by Pelecanos, George P.

The King's Rose (Hardcover) by Libby, Alisa M.

Revolution on Canvas, Volume 1: Poetry from the Indie Music Scene (Paperback) by Balling, Rich

The Complete Poems of Emily Dickinson (Paperback) by Dickinson, Emily

The 100 Best Poems of All Time (Paperback) by Pockell, Leslie

Surviving High Society - Lots of Love Trumps Lots of Money (Paperback) by Mulholland, Elizabeth Marvin

Pride and Prejudice (Mass Market Paperback) by Austen, Jane

The Queen of Subtleties: A Novel of Anne Boleyn (Paperback) by Dunn, Suzannah

Through a Glass Darkly (Paperback) by Koen, Karleen

The Kite Runner (Paperback) by Hosseini, Khaled

Love and Louis XIV: The Women in the Life of the Sun King (Hardcover) by Fraser, Antonia

The Truth Will Out: Unmasking the Real Shakespeare (Hardcover) by James, Brenda

Who Do You Think You Are? by Myers, Alyse

The Lady Penelope: The Lost Tale of Love and Politics in the Court of Elizabeth I (Hardcover) by Varlow, Sally

The Red Rose and the White: The Wars of the Roses, 1453-1487 (Hardcover) by Sadler, John

Anne Boleyn (Hardcover) by Lofts, Norah

Georgiana: Duchess of Devonshire (Modern Library Paperbacks) Foreman, Amanda

1603: The Death of Queen Elizabeth I, the Return of the Black Plague, the Rise of Shakespeare, Piracy, Witchcraft, and the Birth of the Stuart Era byLee, Christopher

Dark Prince (Carpathians, #1) by Feehan, Christine

In the Shadow of the Sun King (Darkness to Light, #1) by Parsons, Golden Keyes

Daughters of England (G K Hall Large Print Book Series) by Carr, Philippa

Uppity Women of Medieval Times (Paperback) by Leon, Vicki

The Glister: A Novel (Hardcover) by Burnside, John

Etta: A Novel (Hardcover) by Kolpan, Gerald

BoneMan's Daughters (Hardcover) by Dekker, Ted

Tales of Passion, Tales of Woe (Paperback) by Gulland, Sandra (& the rest of the Josephine series)

Mistress of the Sun: A Novel (Hardcover) by Gulland, Sandra

Pope Joan: A Novel (Paperback) by Cross, Donna Woolfolk

A Rose for Virtue: The Very Private Life of Hortense, Stepdaughter of Napoleon I, Mother of Napoleon III (Hardcover) by Lofts, Norah

My Lady of Cleves: A Novel of Henry VIII and Anne of Cleves (Paperback) by Barnes, Margaret Campbell
And of course there is always my slowly growing Jean Plaidy bookshelf as shown:


I have probably only read about 6 or 7 of these shown. So, what books do you own that you have been really wanting to read for awhile now?