Follow Us @burtonreview

Jun 19, 2009

Friday Fill-In, Winners & Bloggiesta

Friday Fill-In's is Hosted by Janet


And...here we go!

1. All children alarm their parents, if only because you are forever expecting an emergency trip to the hospital.

2. Show me a good loser and I will show you a kiss on their cheek.

3. A wickedly devilish satisfaction is like eating an entire box of chocolate liqueurs at one time. (doesn't quite make sense due to the grammar)

4. Too bad that all the people who know how to run the country are busy killing flies and bowling.

5. I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine romance and sensitivity.

6. It is impossible to think of any good meal, no matter how plain or elegant, without plates or utensils in it.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching Dallas, tomorrow my plans includestarting a new bookand Sunday, I want to try and keep cool in this Texas heat!

The Bloggiesta that begins today is a phrase coined by My Friend Amy but is being hosted at Mawbooks. It starts today, and is a Blogger's event to get your blogs in order. As opposed to Read-a-thon's and those types of challenges, the Bloggiesta is a time for the Blogger to actually sit down and work on their blogs. The technical part of it that they may have been neglecting, such as cleaning up links, blogrolls, widgets and whatever else needs attention.

The main information is http://blog.mawbooks.com/2009/06/12/bloggiesta-the-unveiling-of-a-new-upcoming-blogging-event/

And My Friend Amy has her feedback on it here http://www.myfriendamysblog.com/2009/06/bloggiesta-mini-challenge-blogging.html

If you are on Twitter, use the hashtag #bloggiesta to join the chatter

So as part of this little mini-event/challenge, I am asking my blog readers if they have any suggestions to the blog. Does it load slowly? Is there a particular widget/button that you look for on blogs but don't see here?

One thing I do plan on doing is to slightly make the header pic a little smaller but that is really all I have planned! This being a blog that is only 6 months old there is not a lot of clean-up to do. I pretty much stay on top of things with the blog itself anyway. It's the reading that I have to accomplish!

The winners to the Mating Rituals Giveaway are:

Via List Randomizer, the 3 winners are:
Kalea Kane
ScottsGal
NFMGirl

If one of the above ladies already has this book, the next ones up are:
mgood222
Marie Lay

FYI, some of the entrants did not answer my question so they were disqualified. Congrats to the winners, I'll be emailing you shortly.
OK NFMGirl has won this book (6 times over, poor thing!) so the next one is MGood222!