Follow Us @burtonreview

Dec 12, 2009

Historical Fiction Reading Challenge 2010


Historical Fiction Reading ChallengeThis is a challenge over at Royal Reviews.

This challenge has been posted about everywhere, so hey why don't I join in? Sure, since I sucked at every other challenge I've done. Yet, this one, is actually one I can complete effortlessly.

I will be going for the obsessed level, and I don't think that will be a problem since I read probably twice the Obsessed Level of Historical Fiction books in 2009. So that means I am going to go for the unlisted Double Obsessed Level of 40.. in order to make it a challenge!

I will edit this post to coincide with reviews with links to the reviews, and adds or edits etc.

Challenge Guidelines:
1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.
--Non-Bloggers: Include your information in the comment section.

2. There are four levels:

-- Curious – Read 3 Historical Fiction novels.

-- Fascinated – Read 6 Historical Fiction novels.

-- Addicted – Read 12 Historical Fiction novels.

-- Obsessed – Read 20 Historical Fiction novels.

3. Any book format counts.
(*EEEK I hate E-Books! And I've never done an audiobook either but would like to since it would increase my totals, eh?)
4. You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.

5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010. Only books started on January 1st count towards this challenge.

Some of the Historical Fiction Books that I hope I will be reading and reviewing in 2010 are:
Notorious Royal Marriages: A Juicy Journey Through Nine Centuries of Dynasty, Destiny, and Desire by Leslie Carroll
Royal Affairs: A Lusty Romp Through the Extramarital Adventures That Rocked the British Monarchy by Leslie Carroll
Dark Moon of Avalon by Anna Elliott
The Secret of the Glass by Donna Russo Morin (read and reviewed)
The Botticelli Secret by Marina Fiorato
Claude and Camille: A Novel of Monet by Stephanie Cowell (read and reviewed)
Marrying Mozart by Stephanie Cowell
The Confessions of Catherine de Medici by C. W. Gortner (read and reviewed)

For the King by Catherine Delors (read and reviewed)

Mistress of The Revolution by Catherine Delors
The Lute Player by Norah Lofts
Here Was A Man by Norah Lofts
Eleanor the Queen: A Novel of Eleanor of Aquitaine by Norah Lofts
The Captive Queen by Alison Weir (read and reviewed)
The Queen's Pawn by Christy English (read and reviewed)
Eleanor the Queen/The Secret Eleanor by Cecelia Holland (current read)
Receive Me Falling by Erika Robuck (read and reviewed)
The Triumph of Deborah by Eva Etzioni-Halevy
Young Bess (Good Queen Bess, Book One)by Margaret Irwin (read and reviewed)
Hugh and Bess by Susan Higginbotham (read and reviewed)
The Stolen Crown by Susan Higginbotham (read and reviewed)
The Island of the Swans by Ciji Ware (read and reviewed)
Several Georgette Heyer novels, perhaps Beauvallet (1929) & The Conqueror (1931)
I also will be reading (GOD WILLING!) Jean Plaidy and maybe even some under her Victoria Holt pen name.
What about you? Are you on board? Feel free to leave me your link, I'd love to check out your progress throughout 2010!

You can visit the page here which has the list and links to all of my reviews.