Follow Us @burtonreview

Dec 12, 2009

The Defunct Challenges a.k.a. I Suck at Challenges Obligatory Post

The Big Admission of Guilt: One thing I found out during this first year at book blogging, is I suck big time at Reading Challenges.

The Current Ones I've decided to do for 2010 (despite my better judgement):

I have joined in the The Four Month Challenge 2010 part two and I so far have 40 points there.
I have also joined in the 2010 Historical Fiction Reading Challenge, and my hopeful and boisterous post with the potential reads of 2010 can be found here.

The 2009 Challenges that I am just going to let pass on by.. and let's just say I tried:

Four Month Challenge Part one (challenge over)
10 point: New Author: 'Of Bees & Mist'(Completed 6/6)
15 Point:Book by Author born in August:G. Heyer, born 8/16/1902 (Completed 6/14)
5 Point:Book for its Cover: 'Twilight of Avalon' (Completed 6/20)
15 point:One Word Title: 'Partners' by D.McGowan (Complete 6/24)
15 Point:Book into Movie:Anne Frank Remembered(Complete 6/27)
10 Point:Read a hardcover book:Crowner Royal (Completed 7/4)
5 Point: Hist Fiction:Twilight of A Queen(Complete 7/19)
10 Point:Book About Royalty:The White Queen (Complete 7/26)
20 Point:1001 Books to Read:Pride & Prejudice (Complete 8/7)
15 Point: Biblical Character: Girl Mary (Complete 9/13)
5 Points: ChickLit: 'The Wildest Heart (completed 9/30)
TOTAL 125 out of 250 Points

Austen Challenge
1. Pride & Prejudice Read 8/6/09
2. Darcy & Anne Read 8/11/09
3.The Other Mr. Darcy, read 09/23
4. Pride & Prejudice, the movie

TBR 2009
♦2009 To Be Read Challenge♦
My list was:
The Spanish Bride: A Novel of Catherine of Aragon by "Laurien Gardner penname for Julianne Lee"
A Lady Raised High: A Novel of Anne Boleyn by "Laurien Gardner"(PENNAME)
The King's Daughter:A Novel of the First Tudor Queen (Rose of York) by Sandra Worth
Mistress of the Revolution by Catherine Delors
Spain for the Sovereigns by Jean Plaidy
Ummm.. didn't read those, but I did manage to read and review the following that was on my list:
Too Hot to Handle by Robin Kaye
Wild Highland Magic by Kendra Leigh Castle
The Nonesuch by Georgette Heyer
The Unfinished Clue by Georgette Heyer
The Convenient Marriage by Georgette Heyer
My Lord John by Georgette Heyer
The Crimes of Paris By Dorothy & Thomas Hoobler

2009 Jean Plaidy Challenge at Royal Intrigue ♦ 6 read, and Wish I READ LOTS MORE! GRR . Ok moving on.. no sense to dwell on negativity..

Bookmark and Share