Follow Us @burtonreview

Apr 20, 2009

Review: "Too Hot to Handle" by Robin Kaye

"Too Hot to Handle" by Robin Kaye
Paperback: 416 pages
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca (May 1, 2009)
ISBN-10: 1402217668, Price $6.99
The Burton Review Rating= 4


In this snappy sequel to Robin Kaye's first Domestic God novel "Romeo, Romeo", the author Robin Kaye brings back supporting characters and makes Annabelle Ronaldi's love life the focus this time around. If you haven't read the first book, there is no need to worry. I haven't read it yet but plan on going back and reading it because "Too Hot to Handle" was so much fun I can't wait for more of it. This was my introduction to a Domestic God: he happily cooks, cleans, does your laundry and looks gorgeous doing it. (SOLD!)

This frisky story brings us to Annabelle and Mike as they meet up at Annabelle's sister's wedding. Mike is perfect in all ways but there are mysterious undertones in each of their lives that makes this book more than just your average romance romp. Annabelle is recovering from her past relationships, and Mike is pretty much the Knight in Shining Armor that any woman would love to have knock on her door, besides the fact that he's a doctor. Yet he too has the troubling background which adds itself to the mystery facet of the novel. As these mysteries unfold, their mutual enchantment with each other is threatened. The favorite characters from the first novel are brought back as the secrets and mysteries unwind, and their dysfunctional family twists add humor and entertainment.

This is one of those books that alludes to the major turning point in the mystery, yet you pretty much know what it is. This is my one criticism especially because it was hinted at immediately in the book, before actually letting the reader get involved in the suspense of it.
But I loved it for the rollicking sexual attraction and for the high-spirited style of writing which made it more than just a erotic love story. If you like Janet Evanovich as I do, you will enjoy Robin Kaye. This book is an easy victory for Robin Kaye and I look forward to more of her accomplishments.

I am just sorry I had already said I would give away my Advance Reading Copy. Dopey me.

Recommended for those who enjoy Contemporary Romance, and Chick-Lit.

You can also find Robin at The Casablanca Authors Blog, and you can read Chapter One of "Too Hot to Handle" here.

Robin is going to visit the blog to answer all the Questions that all of my commenters asked her last month!

THE INTERVIEW IS COMPLETED AND CAN BE FOUND HERELink