Follow Us @burtonreview

Mar 26, 2009

Booking Through Thursday

The host of Booking Through Thursday can be found by here.
Suggested by Janet: Today's question:

The opposite of last week’s question: “What’s the best ‘worst’ book you’ve ever read — the one you like despite some negative reviews or features?”

I enjoyed Phillipa Gregory's The Other Boleyn Girl. This was the very first book I had picked up and had no clue otherwise as to Tudor History. Of course, everyone now scoffs at her because of the precarious plotlines. Especially since the release of 'The Other Queen' her credibility has gone down the tubes. She still has some die-hard fans, of course.

Yet I have to say that this introduction to the Tudors was what started my passion towards the Historical Fiction genre, and also the non-fiction. I learned early on that to get to the truth in the matter was to read a counterpart non-fiction book when reading a Historical fiction novel. And then I learned that even non-fiction books have been up for debate when the author makes conclusions based on their opinions. It's been a fun ride and I'm glad to be on it.