Follow Us @burtonreview

Mar 3, 2009

Bibliophile Pursuit

With so many new releases this year that I am salivating over, and the stack to to-be read books growing, I've decided to compile a list of the books that are Bibliophile List Worthy. There are going to be two lists, of course.

The 'To Be Read and Reviewed' list are books I think I already own (or have been at my library)& REALLY need to get them prioritized to read SOON instead of wandering about aimlessly;

The "Bibliophile Pursuit" list are the ones that I really want for this month. And I do want them all so it is going to be hard to discriminate. I must force myself to read reviews and it is not a 4-Star review or more then I must not allow myself to purchase it (until much later when it's on thriftbooks).
For March's To Be Read and Reviewed List:
Castile for Isabella by Jean Plaidy
Spain for the Sovereigns
Her Majesty's Spymaster: Elizabeth I, Sir Francis Walsingham, and the Birth of Modern Espionage (at my local library)
OR
After Elizabeth: The Rise of James of Scotland and the Struggle For the Throne of England (I'll have to check my bookshelves, I THINK I've owned this one for a year)

Bibliophile Pursuit for March:
The Spanish Bride: A Novel of Catherine of Aragon (Tudor Women Series) by Laurien Gardner
A Lady Raised High: A Novel of Anne Boleyn (Tudor Women Series) by Laurien Gardner
The King's Daughter. A Novel of the First Tudor Queen (Rose of York) by Sandra Worth
Mistress of the Revolution: A Novel by Catherine Delors

Those I have purchased at Amazon a few minutes ago from Amazon; the first two by L. Gardner are bargain price so I couldn't resist. So that's my Purchase quota for the Month. Unless of course there is something awesome at the local used bookstore, like ANYTHING related to the Historical British genre, which is rare. I did once find a Margaret Campbell Barnes "My Lady Anne of Cleves" which is very old. And a week later I ALMOST purchased the new reprint of it! I wish there were a spot on Amazon where it would say THIS IS A REPRINT of a 1971 book..
You can go around in circles with Jean Plaidy's novels as well. Ah, I digress..