Follow Us @burtonreview

Nov 2, 2009

What's Coming Up?

Updated  04/15/2013

These things have not occurred yet, but you can look forward to these. I will continue to update this page as needed. (*Or as remembered!)

I will delete items from the to-do list, so you need to go to the All Reviews page to look for titles that were here previously, from which you will find links to the posted reviews there.

For your pleasure, see my perpetually updating  Georgette Heyer List, similar to my Plaidy list.

Current & upcoming reading pile as time permits:

Duchess | Susan May Warren (read, loved, review coming)
The Heiress of Winterwood | Sarah Ladd (read, loved, review coming)
The End of the Point |  Elizabeth Graver (Read, holding review for May HNS Magazine)
David and Bathsheba | Roberta Kells Dorr
The Bastard King | Jean Plaidy (Goodreads group read for May)
Swept Away | Mary Connealy
It Happened at the Fair | Deeanne Gist
Stealing the Preacher | Karen Witemeyer
The Firebird by Susanna Kearsley
Godiva | Nicole Galland
American Phoenix: John Quincy and Louisa Adams, the War of 1812, and the Exile That Saved American Independence by Jane Hampton Cook
Roses Have Thorns | Sandra Byrd
Wildish | Robert Parry
What a Mother Knows | Leslie Lehr
The Map of the Sky | Felix Palma


Also, a rarity for the Burton Book Review, a CHALLENGE! I have selected 12 reads for 2013 to read, and these are all reads that I've owned for at least a year. Come check out my list of reads for 2013!


and a few old Shelf Awareness wins like Innocents,The Divorce of Henry VIII, The Book of Summers etc are on my list of maybe soon to read but probably won't get to it any time soon.

The following are titles I may have won, or even accepted for review, but just could not get to them in time for their publication dates and therefore I kept skipping them and have slightly lost interest. But I do have them on a special shelf, waiting to be read when the whim strikes. Like a bolt of lightning.

(kinda totally over the stories of Kings and Queens and their consorts, egads)

Death and The Virgin Queen by Chris Skidmore (US release 1/25/11)
The Crimson Rooms by Katharine McMahon (2/18/2010)
Cleaning Nabokov's House by Leslie Daniels
Mary Boleyn by Alison Weir
Catherine the Great by Robert K. Massie (non-fiction)
Happily Ever After by John Klima (anthology, read halfway thus far)
In a Treacherous Court by Michelle Diener
Juliet by Anne Fortier
Lionheart by Sharon Penman
Dear Lilly by Peter Greyson
The Yellow House by Patricia Falvey (released Feb. 15, 2010)
Still Alice by Lisa Genova (released May 2010)
Time of My Life by Patrick Swayze (released September 2009)
Mary Boleyn: The True Story of Henry VIII's Mistress by Josephine Wilkinson (released July 2009)
Eve of the Isle by Carol Rivers (released Nov 2009)
Captivity by Deborah Noyes
The King's Mistress by Emma Campion
The Jewel of St. Petersburg by Kate Furnivall
No Will But His: A Novel of Kathryn Howard by Sarah A. Hoyt
Royal Dates with Destiny by Robert Easton
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
 

Seeing as I have yet to put a dent in the ARC pile..
I have edited my review policy to state that I am not accepting any more books to review at this time. I have plenty to catch up on for reviews, and then my personal library demands attention, which has quadrupled due to other book blogger recommendations. And now I have an iPad, so the kindle library has exploded as well.