Follow Us @burtonreview

Aug 4, 2012

Saturday Snapshot

To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky at Alyce's blog At Home With Books.


At the old house, we had planted Moonflowers, and they pretty much took over the garden and even had a vine that was growing through a crack in the concrete. My husband destested them because of their invasive nature, I loved them for the majestic flowers.

At the new house, we can't get anything to grow especially because of the wicked drought last year and the soil is much more harder clay over here.

Mother gave me some moonflower seeds (I hid them from my husband) and then I planted them in a big pot on the front porch to see how they would do. They are doing well.

Here it is a few months ago, as it started to grow.
Before...

Angel trumpet, aka Moon Flower
  

I can't wait to see it when the flowers begin to bloom, which are at night as it reaches for the moon. Can you see where the flowers are on this photo?

Taking over the porch column!
Now I just need to keep the grasshoppers away!