Follow Us @burtonreview

Feb 13, 2009

Alison Weir

A little meandering away from the ordinary review:
I was jumping around Tudor websites today and found a report on a recent Alison Weir event where she discussed Elizabeth I and Henry VIII at the Smithsonian. Alison is a British author of several non-fiction and fiction books. She is not always taken as credible historian and receives a lot of criticism for writing in her non-fiction books phrases such as "maybe" could have" "possibly" and words of that nature that can get aggravating.

However, I will read anything and everything I can get my hands on regarding the Tudors. For Alison Weir's non-fiction I have read "The Wars of the Roses" and "The Princes in the Tower". I have read her fictional "Innocent Traitor" and I will read them all again. I own her (non-fiction) "The Life of Elizabeth I", and (fiction) "The Lady Elizabeth" and plan on reading them soon. Lots of books on my TBR shelf.

I looked on Alison's website and it states for her upcoming book:
Alison's next non-fiction book, "The Lady in the Tower: The Fall of Anne Boleyn", will be published in the UK on 1st October 2009, and in the USA in December. Alison has just signed contracts with her UK and US publishers for three new novels, one of which will be a sequel to "The Lady Elizabeth"

Fiction: Alison has begun work on her next novel, about Eleanor of Aquitaine and Henry II, which is scheduled for publication in the spring of 2010.

(MORE HENRY II!!!! YAY!!!)

Look on Alison's website for more Events she is attending and the full UK and US Book list.