Follow Us @burtonreview

Jan 1, 2009

It's 2009

The first day of a new year, another new beginning..
So far, same whining children and same sickly husband.

Last night I watched old Dick Clark kiss his wife at the New Year.. it was quite touching. My husband was snoring on the couch and I was in bed finishing my book, Bess of Hardwick. I have read the Preface to Sarah Gristwood's Arbella biography, and I cannot wait to get into it.

Arbella, born to be something, and really became nothing because of what was in her blood. She was Tudor (royal english blood), and Stuart (Royal Scottish blood). She could have been so much, and the Elizabethan Era held so much promise. She was eventually forgotten.

And so.. onwards and upwards.. to see what madness I will endure this 2009 and hope to not be eventually forgotten..