Follow Us @burtonreview

Jun 9, 2009

Teaser Tuesday

TEASER TUESDAYS is hosted by ShouldBeReading and asks you to:
♠Grab your current read.
♠Let the book fall open to a random page.
♠Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page.
♠You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
Please avoid spoilers!


I am reading My Lord John by Georgette Heyer.
From page 93:

"He {John} said: 'She told me not to mourn when she came to her last end, for she had lived overlong, and cared not how soon God called her. She said that times had changed, an in no wise for the better. And she said also that she marvelled that a son of the Lord Edward, the Black Prince-'

'Stint, stint, my lord' begged his shocked tutor.

'Well, that is what she said,' insisted John."

Ok so I cheated a little a lot. I just loved this endearing conversation about the young Lord John's reaction to the death of his guardian.