Follow Us @burtonreview

Jun 4, 2009

Booking Through Thursday


Deb said: I saw this over at Shelley’s, and thought it sounded like a great question for all of you:
“This can be a quick one. Don’t take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you’ve read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.”
7:44am start:
  1. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
  2. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  3. Cheaper by the Dozen by Frank Gilbreth, Jr.
  4. Are You there God, it's me, Margaret? by Judy Blume
  5. Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
  6. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  7. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
  8. What's Eating Gilbert Grape? by Peter Hedges
  9. Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Montgomery
  10. Sweet Valley High series by Francine Pascal
  11. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
  12. When Christ and his Saints Slept by Sharon Kay Penman
  13. Bess of Hardwick by Mary Lovell
  14. Burnt Shadows by Kamila Shamsie
  15. The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa

7:54 am stop

I scoured my brain for my earliest memories of my favorite books, and there were many of the childhood books that I read over and over, which are 1 - 11 in my list. I really enjoyed the Gilbert Grape book very much, if you haven't read it, it is a great coming of age type read. I just may read it again!

What are your favorite all -time books?